FLOWERS are always a GOOD IDEA - HIP KIT CLUB


I'm up on the Hip Kit Club blog with my first layout with the colorful and fun January Kits. The first thing that caught my eye in this kit was the beautiful Hazelwood patterned paper with the giant flowers. I just had to use it! … and flower are always a good idea, am I right?



I started my layout with paining an ombre effect background on a watercolor paper. To do this I sprayed a little water over my page from top to bottom, then started to paint with bright color from the top. I added more and more water and less paint to my brush as I continued down. It is a very easy watercolor technique and I just loved the result.


Until my background was drying I started to fussy cut the gorgeous flower. It is not too detailed so I was ready in a few minutes. I adhered the flowers on the painted background and added my title using the white DIY Mistable Chipboard Thickers. I left them white, because they looks so pretty on the blue background, but I have to try to color them with mist or watercolor on an upcoming layout, it could be so fun!

I finished my page with adding some pretty Hazelwood butterflies and cut out the edges of the leaves with craft knife for adding dimension.
And here is the beautiful January Kits, so many new layouts are coming soon :)

Thanks for stopping by today! Have a great crafty weekend! BEA


No comments:

Post a Comment